Saturday, June 26, 2010

For the love of it all.


" Tonight and Always"


When nothing was alright,
the long summer nights..
two people talked..
on separate paths they walked..
their souls they bared..
unknown to the paths they were to tread..
they didn't realise they were falling..
somewhere,, in each other.. was their calling.
Somewhere along the long way,
Noone remembers the exact day,
Their destinies entwined,
And never did they mind.
It was such a comendable feat
that each other did they complete.
No stranger would have known,
that together they had not grown.
And then the time came,
And they admitted with no shame.
Life was impossible without each other,
even the thought made them shudder.
She was broken and shy,
And he'd do anything to give it a try.
She was hesitant, and he adamant,
But together to be, they were meant.
Distance seemed to be the only matter,
that too, did they shatter.
They met, they embraced.
Finally, each other, they faced.
They held on to each other too tight,
not to be overcome by fright.
She said,"Baby,I'm scared!
Without you, I wouldn't have dared.
To get so up,close and personal,
to feel something so sensational.
Something that brings a smile on my face,
All my pain it does erase.
Baby, with you, I can shine,
Will you be mine? "
The answer couldv'e been in many ways,
But all he said was, "Tonight and always".






So yeah, I wrote this poem for my first love on his birthday. Sadly, it wasn't a long one. But the memories that remain, I will treasure always. He brought out the best in me. And saw me the way I wanted to be seen. He made me a person that I never knew I could be. So yeah, if you ask me do I still love him? I'll smile and say I do. But not the love we shared. The love for the person he is. And for making me what I am today. More confident. More self-aware. And lastly, less immune to the emotions I possessed. So yeah. I respect him. No matter what happened between us. And I will still love him as a friend.

1 comment:

Nisarg Malde said...

The feeling in itself brought out that, that what makes it all the more beautiful.
Shine on. :)